anyway
anyway
an∙y∙way / ˈɛnɪˌwe ; ˈeniweɪ /
also anyhow
◙adv. [sentence adverb]
1. in spite of the fact that you have just mentioned
• 尽管如此:
»Catherine wasn't sure the book was the right one, but she bought it anyway.
凯瑟琳不能确定就是这本书,但她还是买了。
»This idea probably won't work, but let's try it anyway.
这个办法可能行不通,不过我们还是试试吧。
2. used when adding a remark which shows that the fact just mentioned is not important
• 反正〔用于补充说明刚才提到的事实不重要〕:
»They didn't have any trainers in my size, and anyway I'd already decided I'd rather save the money.
他们的运动鞋没有我的尺码,反正我也已经决定还是省点钱吧。
»'I hope you haven't told anyone.' 'No. Who would believe me anyway?'
“我希望你没告诉别人。”“没有,话又说回来,说了又有谁会相信我呢?”
3. used when adding something that corrects or slightly changes what you have just said
• 至少:
»Let's think about it for a while, for a few days anyway.
让我们想一想,至少考虑几天。
»There seems to have been a technical problem – anyway, that's what they told me.
好像出了个技术故障,至少他们是这么跟我说的。
4. [spoken] used when you are ignoring details so that you can talk immediately about the most important thing
• 总之:
»He got lost and spent hours looking for the station, and anyway it was past midnight by the time he got home.
他迷了路,找车站花了几个小时,总之,他过了午夜才到家。
»Anyway, why didn't you call the police?
总之,你为什么不报警?
5. [spoken] used when you are changing the subject of a conversation or returning to a previous subject
• 对了,好吧〔用于转换话题或回到前一个话题〕:
»Anyway, let's leave that for the moment and look at this month's profit figures.
好吧,那个问题暂时放一放,我们来看看本月的利润额。
»Anyway, how are you?
对了,你身体好吗?
6. [spoken] used when you want to end a conversation or leave a place
• 噢,啊〔用于结束谈话或离开〕:
»Anyway, I must be going now.
噢,我现在得走了。